Week 15: Climate and Weather of the Pacific and Inland Northwest
Winds of the Region
- Why is Stanley Idaho the Nation's Icebox in the summer months?
- How does orographic enhancement vary depending on topographic facet and flow?
- Why does the wind howl in Ellensburg Washington during the summer months?
- Under what conditions would you expect snow levels to be lower on the eastern slopes of the Bitterroot vs. the western slopes?
- cold air damming
- topographic convergence zones
- gap flow
- Overview of weather and climate of Washington and Oregon (much still valid for Idaho)
- Cliff Mass's Blog